Developing digital connectivity
Digital Dairy Chain is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience. We actively work to ensure that our website is accessible and usable by people of all abilities.
Our website is responsive, meaning that it will adjust itself dynamically depending on the screen width of the viewing device. This means that whether you are using a desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile, all information is easily accessible without requiring the user to manually scroll horizontally or zoom in to part of the page.
Navigation on mobile (and some smaller tablets) utilises a large push button rather than a standard list of text links, meaning that the user isn’t required to use ‘pinch’ actions on small screens to move through pages.
Wherever possible we’ve also included links on titles, images and buttons in order to improve usability across platforms, especially for those who are visually impaired, who struggle with gestures on mobile or using a mouse on desktop / laptop.
The site can be navigated using a keyboard only, cycling through links using the tab key and confirming your choice using ‘enter’.
Text sizes can be changed by using the controls built in to your web browser. Usually this is performed by using the ‘Ctrl +’ (or ‘cmd +’ on a Macintosh computer) key sequence. Pressing ‘Ctrl 0’ (or ‘cmd 0’) returns text to the default size. You can also find these options within the browser’s menu system:
- Google Chrome: Select one of the ‘Text Zoom’ options in the ‘Customise and control Google Chrome’ menu.
- Internet Explorer 9: Select ‘Settings’, then one of the options under ‘Zoom’.
- Internet Explorer 7/8: Select the ‘Page’ menu, then one of the options under ‘Zoom’ or ‘Text Size’.
- Internet Explorer 6: Select the ‘View’ menu, and select one of the options under ‘Text Size’.
- Mozilla Firefox: Select the ‘View’ menu, then ‘Zoom’, then one of the options.
- Opera: Select the ‘View’ menu, then one of the ‘Zoom’ percentage option.
Other browsers may also have similar options available. Please consult the documentation provided with your browser if similar options to the ones above aren’t available.
If you have any queries about this Accessibility Statement, please write to us by email to email@example.com or by post to GORSE services limited, 8 Linnet Court, Cawledge Business Park, Alnwick, Northumberland, NE66 2GD.
Published by GORSE services limited on behalf of the Digital Dairy Consortium.
Published 15 February 2022