Job Title: Engineer
Salary: Competitive, + Bonus
Location: Lake District Creamery, Cumbria
If you’re an experienced mechanical or electrical engineer with great fault-finding skills, this is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with an award-winning organisation that supports farmers across the UK.
First Milk is a wholly British farmer-owned dairy co-operative with a vision to create value for members by delivering long-term prosperity in the form of success, profitability, security and wellbeing.
Owned by the family farms that supply us with milk and invest capital in the business, we produce award-winning cheddar, regional cheeses and dairy ingredients, as well as marketing fresh raw milk to many other UK dairy processors.
We work together as one team, with a relentless focus on efficiency and quality, to deliver competitive total returns to our farmer members. We put customers at the heart of our business, creating value through strong, long-term partnerships.
We’re currently looking for an Engineer to join us on a full-time basis.
- Competitive salary
- Bonus (3% of salary)
- 18 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
- 4 on 4 off shift pattern
- Join an organisation where every team member is encouraged to make a difference
- Play an important part in our day-to-day operations
As an Engineer, you will deliver maintenance services to support the efficient running of our creamery equipment.
You will carry out essential planned and unplanned maintenance on all mechanical, electrical and automation equipment and instrumentation.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, your role will involve:
- Supporting the delivery of all active projects through to completion
- Ensuring your work meets all statutory requirements
- Identifying the best value solutions
- Managing systems and ensuring they are running effectively
- Providing effective and safe isolations for steam, hydraulic and electrically powered plant
- Effectively fault finding and undertaking repairs on all mechanical, steam, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems
This role will follow a 12 hour, 4 on 4 off shift pattern, including night shift working.
As a member of the Engineering Team, you will possess the necessary mechanical or electrical knowledge to maintain maximum production with minimum downtime. You will require excellent fault-finding skills and operate with an attention to detail. Planned preventative maintenance experience is essential, with the ability to input data into the site’s IFS system. The ability to follow health and safety procedures, work with SOPs and risk assessments would be a prerequisite.
You will possess formal qualifications in mechanical, electrical, electronic or instrumentation and will have served in a recognised apprenticeship. Experience in a similar role, preferably in a dairy or food manufacturing hygienic sector, would be advantageous.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge, please apply via email to: