Location: H&H Auction Mart, Carlisle
Date: 23rd April 2024
Audience: Secondary school pupils (aged 14+) from Cumbria and South & West Scotland.
Join us for the UK dairy industry’s first career focused event to engage and inspire the next generation to consider the opportunities the sector has to offer!
Led by Digital Dairy Chain, in partnership with H&H Borderway at their Carlisle Auction Mart, this will be a one-day event with secondary school visits staggered throughout the day.
Think Dairy will showcase the wide variety of careers within the dairy sector, highlight the abundance of STEM-based roles, and allow students to meet the industry’s key businesses and employers.
Attractions will include:
- An interactive exhibition with stands hosted by a variety of dairy businesses. The stands will be thought-provoking and activity based.
- Exhibitors will be encouraged to run internships or work experience as a follow-on from the event itself.
- Practical skills and dairy trades will be showcased including; milking, clipping and hoof trimming demonstrations.
- Students will take part in a mock cattle auction in the main auction ring.
- There will also be presentations from inspirational young dairy professionals on their route into the industry.
This event is free to attend and exhibit at. To book your exhibitor stand please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
School spaces are limited and will be capped per region so if your school is interested in attending the Think Dairy expo please contact: email@example.com. Transportation subsidies are available.