Type: Apprenticeship (four year programme)
Location: Lockerbie Dairy & Creamery
Arla are excited to be recruiting two engineering apprentices for their farm in Lockerbie.
In your four years as an Apprentice Engineer, you will get hands-on experience at one of our manufacturing sites. You will be part of a team of Engineers, working with cutting edge technology to keep Arla at the forefront of the manufacturing industry.
We support you to become a qualified Engineer with a mix of practical and classroom based learning in partnership with Kirklees College. At the end of the four years, you will graduate with an OAL L3 in Food and Drink Engineering Maintenance (Multiskilled), Level 3 Health and Safety Award, and your 18th Edition Regulations Certificate.
The best bit? You will earn as you learn! Your salary will increase year on year as you progress and develop.
Our Engineers are problem solvers. They are responsible for maintaining, fixing and installing machinery that allows us to create tasty, healthy, high quality products.
If a machine breaks down, we can’t get products to our customers. As an Arla Engineer, you will save the day and make sure that the nation get Cravendale milk in their tea each morning, Skyr yoghurt in their breakfast bowl, and Anchor butter on their toast.
- An inquisitive nature. Our Engineers are expert problem solvers!
- Achieved a minimum of 5 GCSE Grade C’s/4 or above (or equivalent)
- Grades must be A*-C/9-4 for Maths and A*-C/9-4 for English, plus a Science subject which would be desired and two other subjects
- Please note, you will need to be 18+ to apply for this role. This is due to the hands-on nature of the role.
- A love of learning. You will learn on the job and in the classroom.
Visit the Arla website for more information about the role and how to apply.