Type: Apprenticeship (two year programme)
Location: Lockerbie Dairy
Arla are excited to be recruiting two dairy apprentices for their milk and cheese manufacturing facility in Lockerbie.
In your two years as an Apprentice Dairy Technologist, you will become an expert in all things dairy and food manufacturing. You will learn what it takes to deliver high quality, tasty products to some of the nation’s favourite retailers, in a fast moving industry.
At the end of the two years, you will graduate with a level 5 Foundation Degree in Dairy Technology at Reaseheath College in partnership with The University of Chester, via a mix of practical and classroom based learning. You will also gain a Level 3 award in Health & Safety, Food Safety, and HACCP along with a breadth of experience across all core elements of food manufacturing.
The best bit? You will earn as you learn! Your salary will increase year on year as you progress and develop.
• Achieved a minimum of 5 GCSE Grade C’s/4 or above (or equivalent)
• Grades must be A*-C/9-4 for Maths and A*-C/9-4 for English, plus a Science subject which would be desired and two other subjects
• Please note, you will need to be 18+ to apply for this role. This is due to the hands-on nature of the role.
• A love of learning. You will learn on the job and in the classroom
• As part of your application process we require evidence of GCSE grades or predicted grades
Visit the Arla website for more information about the role and how to apply.