Job Title: Assistant Farm Manager
Role: Full-time, minimum 1 year term from October 23
Salary: £45K plus quality accommodation
Location: Dourie Farm, DG8 9JZ
This is a job for an all-rounder, somebody who wants to be active both practically and organisationally.
We are a 1100 cow outdoor diary with 2 rotary parlours rearing all of our own replacements and beef calves to 12 weeks old. We also have 200 sow indoor Pig business with a land holding of 2300 acres. The person will work across all areas as required.
Duties will cover all aspects of the business from:
- Erecting and repairing electric fences.
- Occasional milking.
- Overseeing milking team.
- Loading pigs.
- Crossing cows.
- Repairing burst water pipes.
- Grass measuring.
- Calving cows.
- Weighing cows and young stock.
- Providing holiday and relief cover for any of the roles on the farm.
- Tag reading.
- Preparing passports.
- Grass strategy including spring and autumn rotation planners.
- Power washing.
- Feeding milk calves.
- Bedding with the straw chopper.
- Treating antibiotic cows.
- Drying off.
CV and general enquiries about the role should be directed to Rory Christie
or Becca Brown